Irish Community Connections by Irish Community News
The Joseph Nugent Sr. Association of Union County 79th Annual Dance
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:03 AM
- New York Irish Center's bi-lingual winter table quiz, get out and practice your cúpla focal
- New York City’s Basket Brigade appeal for help this Thanksgiving
- Enrol for American citizenship classes at the Irish International Immigrant Center
- World Mental Health Day, starting the conversation
- Employment rights in America
The Joseph Nugent Sr. Association of Union County will hold its 79th annual dance on Saturday, November 17, from 8:00 pm until midnight at the Kenilworth Veterans Center located at 33 South 21st Street in Kenithworth, NJ07033.
The Irish-American organization will honor Sean McDonough as Irishman of the Year and Bernadette Sullivan as Irish Woman of the Year.
This year’s recipient of the Greta Sheridan Memorial Community Service Award is Tom Giblin.
Bobby Jeans, retired from the Kenilworth Police Department, will receive the Jack O’Connor Nugent’s Finest Award.
The Nugent’s Bravest Award will be presented to Brendan McConway of the Elizabeth Fire Department.
The Willie Lynch Show Band will provide entertainment. Admission is $25.00 and includes beer, wine, coffee, cake and tea. There will also be a cash bar.
For reservations or more information, please contact Carol Martin at 732-851-5109 or Kevin Dowling at 732-594-1763. Tickets will also be available at the door.
Founded by Joseph Nugent Sr. in 1933, the Nugent Association is the oldest independent Irish-American organization in the State of New Jersey.