Irish Community Connections by Irish Community News
The IPC welcomes Maura McAvoy to our team of volunteers
Posted on Tuesday, April 30, 2013 at 08:21 PM
- New York Irish Center's bi-lingual winter table quiz, get out and practice your cúpla focal
- New York City’s Basket Brigade appeal for help this Thanksgiving
- Enrol for American citizenship classes at the Irish International Immigrant Center
- World Mental Health Day, starting the conversation
- Employment rights in America
Maura will be assistant to the Pastoral Associate.
Maura is currently between positions and considers herself a creative agent for change, helping people meet the challenges they face and is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor. Maura is currently working collaboratively with Sr. Marguerite offering social outreach to the Irish community.
Maura’s drive towards helping others is; “To give back and hopefully bring joy and hope to those I serve.”
Born in Southie, she is first generation Irish American and the proud mother of two wonderful daughters and seven, even more delightful grandchildren. She says her proudest moment was when, most recently her grandson asked her to be his Confirmation sponsor!
Maura doesn’t limit her volunteerism to the IPC she is also an Ignatian Volunteer, following in the footsteps of her daughter who was a Jesuit Volunteer.
We are so glad to have Maura here with us at the IPC and feel that her skill set ideally meets the Mission of the IPC. See more: Boston Local , Irish in Boston , Irish Emigrant