Irish Community Connections by Irish Community News
Sligo man dies in NY construction accident
Posted on Tuesday, April 16, 2013 at 06:36 PM
- New York Irish Center's bi-lingual winter table quiz, get out and practice your cúpla focal
- New York City’s Basket Brigade appeal for help this Thanksgiving
- Enrol for American citizenship classes at the Irish International Immigrant Center
- World Mental Health Day, starting the conversation
- Employment rights in America
Gary Feeney, R.I.P.
The death has occurred of 24 year old Gary Feeney of Dorchester and Lugdoon, Templeboy, Co. Sligo. Gary, nephew to Brendan, Greg and Lorcan Feeney, owners of Feeney Brother Excavation Corp., was killed in a tragic accident in an upstate New York construction site on Saturday April 13, 2013. New York State police reports that Gary was pinned under a 40-foot pipe he was helping to unload from a flatbed tractor trailer. He was taken to a near by hospital where he pronounced dead at 11:20 a.m.
Gary is survived by his beloved wife Kelly Melvin-Feeney of Ballina, Co. Mayo, brothers Owen and Stephen, sisters Andrea and Orla, his grandmother Mary Feeney, Dromore West, Co. Sligo, son-in-law to Joe and Patricia Melvin; proud uncle to Sean, Conor and godfather to Lorcan and his broken hearted parents Norma and Fergus.
Funeral arrangements are being handled by William J. Gormley Funeral Service. Details of the wake and funeral will be available online at www.gormleyfuneral.com.
The Irish Emigrant extends our heart felt sympathy to the Feeney Family.See more: Irish Emigrant , Boston Local , Irish in Boston