Senior Moments visit the ‘Gilded Age’, at Newport
- New York Irish Center's bi-lingual winter table quiz, get out and practice your cúpla focal
- New York City’s Basket Brigade appeal for help this Thanksgiving
- Enrol for American citizenship classes at the Irish International Immigrant Center
- World Mental Health Day, starting the conversation
- Employment rights in America
|Members of the Senior Program|
, Boston Local
, Irish in Boston
by Eileen O’Callaghan, Senior Program Coordinator
The IPC visit the ‘Gilded Age’
This week over 55 seniors from the Cara Club and Café Eireann visited Newport. We toured the Elm’s Mansion to see how the ‘Upper Crust’ lived and learned that many of the servants at the Mansion from the early 1900’s were Irish emigrants, many hailing from Galway. Following a walk in the gorgeous grounds, we had a wonderful lunch in the carriage house. A huge thanks to our tour guides and drivers Declan, Dan and Martin.
Please feel free to call Eileen at 617 265 5300 x 13 for more information on IPC Senior Citizen Outreach Program activities and services.