Irish Community Connections by Irish Community News
Senior Citizen Coffee Meetings in Boston
Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 10:51 AM
- New York Irish Center's bi-lingual winter table quiz, get out and practice your cúpla focal
- New York City’s Basket Brigade appeal for help this Thanksgiving
- Enrol for American citizenship classes at the Irish International Immigrant Center
- World Mental Health Day, starting the conversation
- Employment rights in America
The cooler days are upon us, with these come lower humidity, hotter drinks and open fires. After a long hot summer which sometimes kept us locked indoors, it’s time to get out and enjoy the cooler evenings. It’s the perfect time to lace up the runners and take a stroll or even just enjoy an evening sitting outside in the cool air. According to the Environmental Protection Agency, indoor air is twice as polluted as outdoor air. Every system in our bodies is dependent on oxygen, and fresh air is the easiest way to get it. This boosts our immune system, improves our blood pressure, and reduces stress and anxiety and depression.
Get out and join us at Café Eireann or the Cara Club. We will meet Monday, September the 9th at 1pm, at the Veronica Smith Centre in Brighton and Wednesday the 11th, at 10am at 15 Rita Rd, Dorchester. Good coffee, chat and ‘craic’ are great for the health and heart!