Irish Community Connections by Irish Community News
Medford Residents, Connie and Cathleen Murphy, to recieve prestigious award
Posted on Wednesday, September 19, 2012 at 08:48 AM
- New York Irish Center's bi-lingual winter table quiz, get out and practice your cúpla focal
- New York City’s Basket Brigade appeal for help this Thanksgiving
- Enrol for American citizenship classes at the Irish International Immigrant Center
- World Mental Health Day, starting the conversation
- Employment rights in America
On Friday, October 19th the Peggy McCormick Award will be given to Connie and Cathleen Murphy at Massachusetts Citizens for Life's Annual Dinner, "Defending Life from Conception to Natural Death." The Murphy's are recieving their award in recognition of their many years of service in the Pro-Life cause.
The Keynote Speaker at the event will be Mary Anne Glendon, Learned Hand Professor of Law at Harvard Law School. Glendon served as the Ambassador to the Vatican and has been recognized as one of the "Fifty Most Influential Women Lawyers in America."
There will be a social hour beginning at 6:00 pm and dinner will begin at 7:00 pm. There is a dinner choice of chicken picatta or Boston baked cod. Individual tickets are $60 while tables of ten are $500. The event will be held at Lantana on 43 Scanlon Drive in Randolph. Please mail checks to MCFL, Inc., 529 Main St., Suite 1M9, Boston, MA 02129. For more information, please call 617 242 4199.