Irish Community Connections by Irish Community News
Massachusetts Stands Strong for Immigration Reform
Posted on Wednesday, May 15, 2013 at 06:29 PM
- New York Irish Center's bi-lingual winter table quiz, get out and practice your cúpla focal
- New York City’s Basket Brigade appeal for help this Thanksgiving
- Enrol for American citizenship classes at the Irish International Immigrant Center
- World Mental Health Day, starting the conversation
- Employment rights in America
On Friday, May 10, the Irish International Immigrant Center stood alongside leaders of government, business, labor and faith communities to re-affirm the conviction that Congress should pass immigration reform now to strengthen the safety and further the prosperity of all Americans.
Held the day after markup began of the historic, bipartisan immigration reform bill in the Senate Judiciary Committee, the press conference reaffirmed the support of local government, business, labor, and community leaders at a time of public uncertainty in the wake of the tragic and heinous Boston Marathon bombings. The press conference stressed the urgency of continuing to move forward with reform, so that families will no longer be needlessly torn apart.
The Greater Boston Citizenship Initiative works in partnership with: the Boston Chinatown Neighborhood Center, Centro Latino, Irish International Immigrant Center, Jewish Vocational Services, Massachusetts Alliance of Portuguese Speakers and MIRA coalition.
If you have questions on how immigration reform may affect you, please call us at 617-542-7654 or attend one of our legal clinics.