Irish Community Connections by Irish Community News
Man of Aran Lecture and Film, Set Dancing and Poetry at the Irish Cultural Centre
Posted on Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 11:08 AM
- New York Irish Center's bi-lingual winter table quiz, get out and practice your cúpla focal
- New York City’s Basket Brigade appeal for help this Thanksgiving
- Enrol for American citizenship classes at the Irish International Immigrant Center
- World Mental Health Day, starting the conversation
- Employment rights in America
· ICC Academy Irish Language 7-Week Winter Session on Wednesdays, January 16th to February 27th, 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. for Beginner and Intermediate students. Instructors are from Cumann na Gaelige I mBoston. January 23 is last night to register. $98 for ICC and Cumann Members | $112 Non-Members.
-Irish Whiskey Tasting with Richard Nagle, Friday, January 25th, 7:30 p.m. $35 per person. Advanced, online registration advised as this will be a sellout! An informative, entertaining evening for getting a taste of a rapidly growing range of Irish whiskeys including ones from new distilleries.
-Man of Aran: An Irish Film and Historical Presentation with Seamus Mulligan, Saturday, January 26th, 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. $25 ICC Member | $30 General Admission. Includes dinner, lecture and film.
-Irish Mass & Breakfast, Sunday, February 3rd at 11 a.m. Breakfast following Mass for a charge of $12 for adults; $5 for ages 4 to 12; and children age 3 and under for free.
-ICC Celtic Camps for Kids Open House, Sunday, February 3rd, 12:30 p.m. to 2 p.m. Don’t miss out on a great summer experience – come see what we are planning for the kids this summer.
-ICC Author Series presents Peter Fallon, Ireland’s award-winning poet and founder of Gallery Press, Ireland’s pre-eminent publishing house reads from his work. Thursday, February 7th at 7:30 p.m. Copies of his books available for purchase. $10 Admission at the door. Open to the public.
Weekly Events at the ICC
· Set Dancing for Adults with Cait Bracken every Monday from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. $5 donation to the ICC at the door. No partner necessary.-Progressive 25 Card Game every Wednesday night on the second floor of the Centre beginning at 8 p.m. All level of players welcome to enjoy this traditional, fast-paced Irish card game of trumps, tricks and trading. $5 donation at the door.
· Friday ICC Comhaltas Seisiún led by John Kearney in the McGettigan & Stewart Room starting at 7:00 p.m.
· Friday Music in the Pub: January 25th Uilleann piper Joey Abarta and fiddle player Armand Aromin. 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. No cover.
-Saturday ICC Seisiún led by Stuart Peak and Sean Kane in the ICC Pub starting at 8:00 p.m.
-Live Blues with Space Cakes in the ICC Pub, every Sunday from 6:30 p.m. until 10:30 p.m. The not-to-be missed grammy-award winning members of this Blues group have played with Tom Jones; Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes; Jimmy Clanton; Coasters; The Marveletts; and Teddy Prendergast. Pub opens at 6 p.m. No cover charge.