Irish Community Connections by Irish Community News
Irish International Immigrant Center Welcomes to J-1 IWT Participant Michael Lennon
Posted on Tuesday, December 11, 2012 at 08:09 AM
- New York Irish Center's bi-lingual winter table quiz, get out and practice your cúpla focal
- New York City’s Basket Brigade appeal for help this Thanksgiving
- Enrol for American citizenship classes at the Irish International Immigrant Center
- World Mental Health Day, starting the conversation
- Employment rights in America
Fresh off the plane from Ireland, Michael Lennon is just beginning his one year adventure on the J-1 Irish Work and Travel visa program. The IIIC is a sponsoring organization for this visa, and Michael is one of over one hundred participants who are currently participating on the program with the IIIC. We welcome Michael to Boston and we hope he has a great experience.
The J-1 IWT program is for current Irish students or recent graduates to come to the United States for up to twelve months to gain international experience in their field of study. With this experience, they can then arm themselves with increased knowledge and skills for future employment in Ireland.
Michael comes from County Kilkenny but is no stranger to Boston, having spent this past summer in the city on a summer J-1. Michael is looking for work in mechanical engineering. If you aware of any opportunities in this area, please contact Megan Carroll, IIIC Director of Intern Placements at 617-542-7654 x 23 or email@example.com