Irish Community Connections by Irish Community News
Irish International Immigrant Center Open House and Morrison Visa Celebration - all welcome
Posted on Tuesday, September 25, 2012 at 11:21 AM
- New York Irish Center's bi-lingual winter table quiz, get out and practice your cúpla focal
- New York City’s Basket Brigade appeal for help this Thanksgiving
- Enrol for American citizenship classes at the Irish International Immigrant Center
- World Mental Health Day, starting the conversation
- Employment rights in America
The IIIC is hosting an Open House and Morrison Visa celebration this Thursday night beginning with a drinks reception and appetizers in the Center. Everyone, particularly those who benefited from the Morrison Visa program 21 years ago, is invited to come and see how the Center has grown and changed while staying true to its original purpose.
Current and former members of staff and volunteers will be on hand to have a chat, celebrate, and give tours of the new offices. It’s a great, informal way to reconnect with the IIIC or come to visit us for the first time!
The event begins at 6:30 p.m. in the Vault at the IIIC and from 8:00 the celebration continues next door at the Elephant & Castle Pub with more food, drinks and live entertainment. The Stone Clovers, a brilliant Irish folk rock group from Worcester, MA will play in the pub and enliven the party!
Join us this Thursday night! Do something different, learn about the IIIC, and have the craic doing it. For further information or to RSVP, call (617) 542-7654 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.