Irish Community Connections by Irish Community News
Irish International Immigrant Center - Congratulations to our summer Citizenship Class
Posted on Wednesday, August 22, 2012 at 10:13 AM
- New York Irish Center's bi-lingual winter table quiz, get out and practice your cúpla focal
- New York City’s Basket Brigade appeal for help this Thanksgiving
- Enrol for American citizenship classes at the Irish International Immigrant Center
- World Mental Health Day, starting the conversation
- Employment rights in America
The IIIC would like to congratulate its recent graduating class of Citizenship students. The eleven graduates, one of whom is the IIIC’s very own Danielle Owen, spent six weeks learning about U.S. History and Civics in preparation for the United States Citizenship exam.
AmeriCorps member, Chris Tegmo, taught the group and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. He said, “I had a great time teaching the students. They were eager to learn and it was wonderful to hear the stories about the different places they come from.” The students came from countries around the world and were excited to share their experiences with the class.
Tegmo is “very proud” of his students and said that they worked hard to prepare themselves for the Citizenship test.
The next Citizenship Class being offered at the IIIC will begin on September 13th and will run for six weeks on Thursday afternoons from 1-3PM.
To learn more about the class or to register, please call (617) 542-7654.