Irish events in Boston: Joshua Tree, Howie Carr, Michael Collins lecture and more
- New York Irish Center's bi-lingual winter table quiz, get out and practice your cúpla focal
- New York City’s Basket Brigade appeal for help this Thanksgiving
- Enrol for American citizenship classes at the Irish International Immigrant Center
- World Mental Health Day, starting the conversation
- Employment rights in America
· Joshua Tree: Friday, September 13th. 8:00pm. $15 pp. The nation’s premiere U2 tribute band is back at the ICC by popular demand. Typically this event sells out so please purchase your tickets in advance. Tickets can be purchased online at www.IrishCulture.org and by calling ICC at 781-821-8291.
· ICC Author Series Welcomes Howie Carr: Saturday, September 14th. 7:00pm. $30 Members & $35 General Admission. ICC would like to welcome famed talk show host, award winning journalist, New York Times best-selling author and political reporter, Mr. Howie Carr. Carr has written three best-selling books on the topic of Boston crime and Whitey Bulger. The evening will include dinner, discussion and Q & A. Tickets are available on-line at www.irishculture.org or by calling ICC at 781-821-8291.
· Irish Lecture Series—Michael Collins: Saturday, September 28th. 8:00pm | $5 ICC Members & $10 General Admission at the door. Professor William Matthews returns for a popular discussion on Ireland's leader for the Irish fight for independence. Michael Collins was the charismatic leader of the Irish fight for independence in 1919-1922. In this lecture we will present General Collins's life as a child in Clonakilty, to his relationship with Eamon deValera, and his death at Béal náBlath in 1922.
· Painting Ireland, Irish Language & Bodhran: Classes in Irish Language, Bodhran, and Painting available. Irish Language classes will be taught by Cumann na Gaeilge, Bodhran with nationally recognized player Mance Grady, and Painting workshops with renowned Cork artist Vincent Crotty. To view class schedules and prices, please visit www.IrishCulture.org. To register, please call the ICC at 781-821-8291.
· Music of Ireland: Saturday, October 5th, 9:00am | $125pp. Join famed tenor Ciaran Nagle of “The Three Irish Tenors” and fiddler extraordinaire Tara Novak for an entertaining and life-changing weekend with the music and culture of Ireland. In this workshop you’ll not only learn to perform Irish music with an authentic lilt and accent, but you’ll learn the customs of the “session” - how to participate successfully in an impromptu Irish musical gathering as a leader or a sideman. Focused on musicians and educators from classical and other musical genres wising to gain an understanding of Irish Music.
· Mondays: Set Dancing for Adults with Cait Bracken every Monday from 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. $5 donation at the door. No partner necessary.
· Friday ICC Comhaltas Seisiún led by John Kearney in the McGettigan & Stewart Room 7 p.m.
· Saturday ICC Seisiún led by Stuart Peak and Sean Kane in the ICC Pub starting at 8:30 p.m.
The ICC is located at 200 New Boston Drive, Canton MA 02021. We offer parking in the main lot, handicap accessibility, and an elevator. For tickets and information about events at the Irish Cultural Centre, please visit www.IrishCulture.org or call 781-821-8291.