Irish Community Connections by Irish Community News
Irish bands get together for victims of Hurricane Sandy benefit
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2012 at 01:09 PM
- New York Irish Center's bi-lingual winter table quiz, get out and practice your cúpla focal
- New York City’s Basket Brigade appeal for help this Thanksgiving
- Enrol for American citizenship classes at the Irish International Immigrant Center
- World Mental Health Day, starting the conversation
- Employment rights in America
In the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, communities from all over are coming together to help each other in their time of need. On December 2nd, a benefit called "Boston's Irish Band's Sing Out for Hurricane Relief" will be held at the Beachcomber in Quincy, MA from 4:00pm to 8:00pm. Four local Irish bands will be participating including Inchicore, Erin Og, Irish Wispa, and The Fenian Sons. Other interested bands are also welcome to join. All proceeds will go to The Sandy Sesiun Relief Fund in conjunction with the Emerald Isle Immigration Center. For more information or to donate, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Bobby at 781-738-6756.
The NY Irish bands have also organized two fundraising events at Connolly's Klub in Manhattan December 1st and 21st where Boston's Erin Og will be attending as well.