Irish Community Connections by Irish Community News
Boston Irish Festival to host first annual Tug of War
Posted on Tuesday, May 28, 2013 at 05:57 PM
- New York Irish Center's bi-lingual winter table quiz, get out and practice your cúpla focal
- New York City’s Basket Brigade appeal for help this Thanksgiving
- Enrol for American citizenship classes at the Irish International Immigrant Center
- World Mental Health Day, starting the conversation
- Employment rights in America
Prove it! Tug of War is a competitive sport in which two teams pull at opposite ends of a rope until one drags the other over a central line in a test of strength.
The Boston Irish Festival will hold its first-annual Tug of War contest on Saturday June 8th and Sunday June 9th. The competition begins on Saturday at 4pm, with the top four teams advancing to the semi-finals and finals held Sunday at 4pm.
Team members may dress as a team representing a particular club, organization, or business. Appropriate footwear must be worn, no spikes or steel capped boots allowed.
Come out to cheer on your favorite team of 8 as they dig in their heels for a chance at the Tug of War trophy along with bragging rights, or grab your seven of your toughest friends and sign up yourselves!
To register and for more information is available at www.BostonIrishFestival.info. See more: Irish in Boston , Irish Emigrant , Boston Local