Irish Community Connections by Irish Community News
Don’t dismiss God’s presence
Posted on Tuesday, August 14, 2012 at 12:36 PM
- Exploring addiction myths, another tool to prevent suicide
- Work Exhange program helps participants choose career paths
- Questions surrounding US citizenship and residency
- Dont' let the rain and snow slow you down, tips on eeping fit in winter
- What happens when you overstaying on a 90-day holiday visa waiver to the USA
Perhaps we have known – or been like – “the poor one” in today’s psalm, who could sometimes call on the Lord and, at other times, not even manage that. When we have no appetite, a little “taste” of the Lord might be all we can muster.
It is important not to dismiss God’s presence among us, no matter how tempting it may be in trying times to ask “Where is God?” or to see God’s presence as somehow complicit in our suffering. When we see in Jesus who God truly is for us, we can believe again and be thankful that God has never stopped loving us and continues to provide ample nourishment, to strengthen and encourage us, in the Eucharistic feast we celebrate today.
Living with Christ Christine Mader