Irish Community Connections by Irish Community News
Chase Away the February Blues with Luscious Cooking, Engaging Book Discussion and Mary McSweeney’s Artistry
Posted on Saturday, February 23, 2013 at 03:05 PM
- Exploring addiction myths, another tool to prevent suicide
- Work Exhange program helps participants choose career paths
- Questions surrounding US citizenship and residency
- Dont' let the rain and snow slow you down, tips on eeping fit in winter
- What happens when you overstaying on a 90-day holiday visa waiver to the USA
- ICC Celebrity Chef Series: Monday, February 25th, 7:30 p.m. Master Irish Chef Brendan Cronin from Co. Mayo and author ofCheffin’: from Potatoes to Caviar prepares his delicious “Irish Coffee Cake.” $25 for ICC members | $30 for non-members. Registration required.
- Pub Art Exhibit Opening Reception:Thursday, February 28th, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. featuring the work of Killarney’s Mary McSweeney, who holds a degree in Fine & Graphic Arts from the Cork School of Art. Free and open to the public.
- Butte: Montana’s Irish Mining Town—A Dinner, Lecture, and Performance.Saturday, March 2nd, 6—9 p.m. In conjunction with the Eire Society, the ICC presents the story of Butte and the Irish Miners as told by Mike Dwyer, historian and poet. Dinner is included. $30 General Admission | $25 for ICC, Eire, and Beara Society Members.
- Mick Moloney: Roots of American Music,Thursday, March 7th, 7:30 p.m. Musician, author and folklorist Dr. Mick Moloney presents a lecture on the Irish and African roots of American music. Admission is $10 per person.
For tickets and information about events at the Irish Cultural Centre, 200 New Boston Drive, Canton MA 02091 please visit the ICCNE website at www.irishculture.org, call 781-821-8291 or e-mail at email@example.com.