Irish Community Connections by Irish Community News
Café Eireann kicks off in true Irish style with rain
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2012 at 09:24 AM
- Exploring addiction myths, another tool to prevent suicide
- Work Exhange program helps participants choose career paths
- Questions surrounding US citizenship and residency
- Dont' let the rain and snow slow you down, tips on eeping fit in winter
- What happens when you overstaying on a 90-day holiday visa waiver to the USA
|There will be a health clinic next week at Cafe Eireann.|
Although the weather was very uncooperative on Wednesday last, it didn’t stop the 40 seniors from taking the time to stop by Café Eireann – it was wonderful to have the buzz back at the Centre as the folks rolled in and shared their stories of the past month, trips to the Cape, New Hampshire, Staten Island for an Irish/Jewish wedding, cruises and so on. A few even mentioned how they missed the place for the month of August! Next week at Café Eireann, Health Clinic will be conducted by Marie Burke, Celtic Angels.
Music for Memory – Wednesday September 12th
Drop in singing group at the Irish Pastoral Centre, A very relaxed, enjoyable and stimulating afternoon which aims to encourage participants to explore and discover that singing “can unlock the brain”. Refreshments served.
2nd Wednesday of the month from 1-2.30pm