Irish Community Connections by Irish Community News
Boston Currach Rowing Club’s Annual Regatta
Posted on Wednesday, August 29, 2012 at 11:37 AM
- New York Irish Center's bi-lingual winter table quiz, get out and practice your cúpla focal
- New York City’s Basket Brigade appeal for help this Thanksgiving
- Enrol for American citizenship classes at the Irish International Immigrant Center
- World Mental Health Day, starting the conversation
- Employment rights in America
Caomhan Keane, Joseph Mc Donagh, Colm Coyne and Martin Ridge in Philadelphia
The Currach Rowing Club at PA
By Maria DelGreco
The Boston Currach Rowing Club annual regatta will take place at l street Bath House on Carson Beach in South Boston on Sunday September 2nd. The day will begin at 11:00 am with teams coming from Albany, Pittsburg, Philladelphia, Annapolis, Milwakee, Newlondon and Columbus.
Following the regatta, there will be tug of war as well as a party at Clash of the Ash on 1464 Hancock St in Quincy beginning at 8:30 pm. The club would love to see many of their supporters at these events.
The Boston Irish Currach Rowing Club trains from March to September at Hough's Neck. The club consists of about 20 members. Members train on Tuesday and Thursday nights from 5:30 pm to 9 pm and on Sundays. The team is always in need of experienced and commited crew members so anyone who would like to join or sponsor the club please contact Joe McDonagh at 617 279 5532.