Irish Community Connections by Irish Community News
Best Wishes to Departing J-1 Summer Students
Posted on Tuesday, August 14, 2012 at 12:51 PM
- New York Irish Center's bi-lingual winter table quiz, get out and practice your cúpla focal
- New York City’s Basket Brigade appeal for help this Thanksgiving
- Enrol for American citizenship classes at the Irish International Immigrant Center
- World Mental Health Day, starting the conversation
- Employment rights in America
Darren Geraghty, IIIC Cyber Cafe Intern, assisting J-1 students earlier this summer
Darren Geraghty, IIIC Cyber Cafe Intern, assisting J-1 students earlier this summerOnly recently bustling with activity, the IIIC’s Cyber Café has suddenly quieted down. This marks the beginning of the end of what was most certainly a memorable summer for the hundreds of J-1 summer students who spent the last few months in Boston, many of whom passed through the doors at the IIIC.
After spending the early weeks of the summer using the Café’s job and housing resources, slowly the J-1ers’ presence dwindled as they successfully found employment. While the excited chatter and laughter coming from the Café was certainly missed, it was encouraging to know that students were getting the most out of their experience.
Best wishes from everyone at the IIIC as the J-1ers finish up their summer adventure in Boston! Please keep in touch and look us up if you return to Boston.