Ireland Callingby John Spain
- "Greed is good", especially in Ireland it seems with pillars of society on the take
- Vintage pamphlets offer a glimpse at the rules of 50s-era Irish Catholicism
- A leap of faith by Ireland, the exit from the IMF/EU bailout
- A temporary detour from ecomic issues to Irish soccer madness
- Give Britain a break after decades of Irish emigration to the UK
The bottom line is we never owed this money and we need it back. Instead of air kissing Merkel, Kenny should be threatening her with an Irish divorce from Europe.
Only then might forcedemigration be consigned to where it belongs -- the history books.
appears to have beguiled a lot of people outside Ireland that all will be well in the Irish garden. But the reality is very different. The truth is we're a long way from any kind of Celtic Comeback.
Action speaks louder than words. And so far there has been no action worth talking about.