Ireland Callingby John Spain
- "Greed is good", especially in Ireland it seems with pillars of society on the take
- Vintage pamphlets offer a glimpse at the rules of 50s-era Irish Catholicism
- A leap of faith by Ireland, the exit from the IMF/EU bailout
- A temporary detour from ecomic issues to Irish soccer madness
- Give Britain a break after decades of Irish emigration to the UK
What did the Obama girls do to deserve such torture during their 24-hour visit to Dublin last week?
Bored stiff by some ancient book in Trinity College, forced to listen to ancient diddle-aye music at the now ancient show Riverdance, eaten alive by midges while looking at an ancient rock in Glendalough and, worst of all, having a pub lunch with some ancient, nauseating rock star called Bono.
It's about time for us.
Looking out my study window right now on Tuesday morning I see things are back to normal. It's raining!
But for the past week and right through the weekend things have been far from normal. Not a drop of rain. Hot unbroken sunshine from clear skies all day long. It was like the Mediterranean.