Ireland Callingby John Spain
- Abortion reform Irish style - Women still have no rights over their own bodies, continue to travel to the UK for procedure
- We’re total abortion hypocrites - proposals for new legislation were laughable
- Catch 22 for Irish abortion law - navigating Ireland’s rigid, Catholic influence legal framework and Savita Halappanavar’s case
- The late Baroness Margaret Thatcher had her good points
- Letters from the tax man - the mounting cost of Ireland's property tax and running the country
Meanwhile, the death of rural Ireland continues.
He is young, conservative and tough, even if it's hidden behind an informal, engaging personality. It's church business as usual, then.
There will be more detailed coverage of the church's position here as the abortion debate develops in the weeks ahead.