Ireland Callingby John Spain
- Young Irish high on drugs and booze and vandalism are a disgrace
- Suffer the little Irish children - the government's regulations failed to protect babies being abused in day care centers
- Ireland: A tax haven for American tech companies like Google, Twitter and Apple but without the sun
- Pro-Life campaigners need to get a grip - Irish women still have no choice over abortion
- Abortion reform Irish style - Women still have no rights over their own bodies, continue to travel to the UK for procedure
After all the promises in the election about a new approach to the economic crisis to protect Irish taxpayers, all the talk about standing up to Europe and making bondholders share the burden, all the guff about telling the European Central Bank (ECB) that we would do things our way, not Frankfurt's way, last week we found out that nothing is going to change.
There is no real difference in policy between the new government and the last government. The policy is still to pay up in full and let the Irish taxpayer take the pain.