Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
YouTube Irish Government 'apology' goes viral- SEE VIDEO
Posted on Thursday, January 27, 2011 at 10:21 AM
- Australian court hears supermarket's 'freshly made bread' imported from Ireland
- Kickstarter project launched for Irish dance video game featuring Fusion Fighters - VIDEO
- Dubliners jump off restaurant rooftop into the River Liffey - VIDEO
- Stamps celebrating 50th anniversary of John F Kennedy's visit to Ireland revealed - PHOTOS
- 3 kittens, 3 ducklings and a mother cat called Della - more video of the adorable animals from Offaly
The You-Tube video shows Justice Minister Brian Lenihan and the former Fianna Fail leader Brian Cowen among other cabinet leaders, as cartoon characters performing a version of Elton John’s track “Sorry seems to be the hardest word”.
The video opens with the title “Special broadcast on behalf of the Irish Government, Fianna Fail & Green Party”.
The opening scenes show Brian Lenihan literally throwing money at pigs which are stamped with the logos of AIB, Bank of Ireland and Anglo Irish Bank.
Dressed in a emerald colored suit, the leader of the Green Party, John Gormley sings the words “What do I have to do to make you want me?”.
Brian Cowen features as beer bellied, shaggy leader holding a pint of Guinness while he apologizes through the track lyrics.
The former Health Minister, Mary Harney, former Deputy Prime Minister Mary Coughlin and Minister for Culture, Mary Hanafin all feature as backing singers as Brian Cowen takes the lead.
It also shows the new Fianna Fail leader Micheal Martin dressed in a Cork jersey.
The former Prime Minister, Bertie Ahern also features, looking scruffy dressed in a “I love Charles” t-shirt.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Good Morning America says Sasha and Malia...
- Former church spokesman criticised for using...
- Sinn Fein deputy leader speaks out against...
- Michelle Obama and daughters trace their...
- President Obama’s visit to North comes at...
- Daily Mail unloads on 'drunken young' Paddys...
- Dating website for ‘homosensible’ Catholic...
- Michelle Obama and daughters visit Glendalough.
- Massive outpouring of support as $65,000...
- Obama under fire for turning G8 summit into...