Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Would that be a Freudian slip? Irish politician says Enda Kenny was on the cover of Playboy – AUDIO
Posted on Thursday, October 11, 2012 at 06:02 AM
- Irish Eurovision star Ryan Dolan’s song enters charts in 17 countries, including Australia - VIDEO
- Surfing descendents of the King of the Blasket Islands to unite in new documentary - VIDEO
- Farmers stage 24-hour prayer vigil for fine weather on Kerry-Cork border - VIDEO
- Ellen DeGeneres mocks Abercrombie & Fitch’s sizing and customer policies – VIDEO
- Students use tilt-shift photography to create toy town video of Dublin city
|Mattie McGrath outside Irish |
Speaking in the Dáil (Irish Parliament), independent government member Mattie McGrath got a little confused talking about Taoiseach Enda Kenny’s appearance on the front cover of Time magazine. The red-faced politician instead referred to the Irish leader’s photo on the “front page of Playboy magazine.”
He said, “To see our Taoiseach, on this front page of Playboy magazine, I wish him well, I voted him as Taoiseach, but I expected a lot different of him."
The Tipperary South/West Waterford TD soon corrected himself saying, “Sorry what magazine did I say? [Pause] Oh sorry. I meant to say … sorry, sorry … I'll correct that - I meant to say like a playboy on Time magazine.”
Poor McGrath had his slip used against him shortly after when Dun Laoghaire TD Mary Mitchell O'Connor commented on McGrath’s poorly prepared speech on the Fiscal Bill saying, “Maybe you should be getting your advice, your economic advice, from Time magazine rather than Playboy magazine.”
Here’s the audio ripped from Breakingnews.ie:
Be the first to make a comment.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Government minister calls for investigation...
- Irishman John Downey arrested for 1982 IRA...
- Young Irish woman turned in to U.S. authorities
- Boston immigration center apologizes to young...
- Amnesty International says Ireland’s abortion...
- New book ‘John F. Kennedy - Among the Germans’.
- Irish finance minister says US Senate are...
- Nigerian migrants send $653 million a year...
- One in seven people on social welfare in...
- Top bishops clash over excommunication of...