Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Would that be a Freudian slip? Irish politician says Enda Kenny was on the cover of Playboy – AUDIO
Posted on Thursday, October 11, 2012 at 06:02 AM
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
|Mattie McGrath outside Irish |
Speaking in the Dáil (Irish Parliament), independent government member Mattie McGrath got a little confused talking about Taoiseach Enda Kenny’s appearance on the front cover of Time magazine. The red-faced politician instead referred to the Irish leader’s photo on the “front page of Playboy magazine.”
He said, “To see our Taoiseach, on this front page of Playboy magazine, I wish him well, I voted him as Taoiseach, but I expected a lot different of him."
The Tipperary South/West Waterford TD soon corrected himself saying, “Sorry what magazine did I say? [Pause] Oh sorry. I meant to say … sorry, sorry … I'll correct that - I meant to say like a playboy on Time magazine.”
Poor McGrath had his slip used against him shortly after when Dun Laoghaire TD Mary Mitchell O'Connor commented on McGrath’s poorly prepared speech on the Fiscal Bill saying, “Maybe you should be getting your advice, your economic advice, from Time magazine rather than Playboy magazine.”
Here’s the audio ripped from Breakingnews.ie:
Be the first to make a comment.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas