Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
World Champion diver jumps from helicopter over Lough Corrib - VIDEO
Posted on Wednesday, June 13, 2012 at 06:45 AM
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
|(Photo: Red Bull)|
Colombian, nine-time diving world champion Orlando Duque jumped from a helicopter, 23 meters above Ashford Castle, Cong, County Mayo, in preparation for the Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series.
The possibly insane competition includes a cliff dive on Inis Mor, one of the Aran Islands, off County Galway.
The 11 qualifying entrants, started their diving this month. They will complete seven dives in Europe and North American, before the final dive in Oman, in September.
These dives, according to TheJournal.ie last just three seconds as the diver hurtles toward the water at 85kph.
Here’s video, thanks to Red Bull, of Duque talking about the experience:
Be the first to make a comment.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Bill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...