Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Woman convicted of running brothel in Leitrim Village
Posted on Tuesday, November 30, 2010 at 12:19 AM
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
A Spanish woman, who pleaded guilty to running a brothel in Leitrim village was given the option to leave the state as soon as possible, by Judge Kevin Kilrane at Carrick-on-Shannon District Court last week.
The court heard that Jenny Jorquera had earned $2,600 during the month she was running the operation.
"I'm not directing Ms. Jorquera to leave the State but I don't see any future for her in Ireland. She can't continue to make money the way she is. Either she earns her living lawfully or she goes on social welfare and I can't see that either option is open to her," Judge Kilrane said.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm