Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Where will Ireland be in two years? Kilkenomics festival sheds light on the issues
Posted on Tuesday, November 08, 2011 at 05:26 AM
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
|Logo of Kilkenomics|
The festival’s main goal was to provide, in layman’s terms, a discussion of what is happening with Ireland’s economy today. “It’s serious, but it’s fun too,” says its website.
During the events, several of those in attendance were asked the simple yet loaded question of “Where will Ireland be in 2 years?”
The answers, not surprisingly, ranged from sarcastic, to hopeful, to dim.
More business new from IrishCentral
Starlings take flight over River Shannon in Ireland - VIDEO
Irishman's beautiful diary of his year in New York city - VIDEO
Catch the responses in the video below:
Be the first to make a comment.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Bill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an...
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
- Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for...
- Top ten negative terms used to describe Irish...
- Did Catholic Church insistence on English...
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis'...
- Recalling Irish America’s greatest moment:...
- Pope Francis calls capitalism “new tyranny”...
- Notre Dame sues federal government again...
- Nelson Mandela showed us all what could be...