Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Where will Ireland be in two years? Kilkenomics festival sheds light on the issues
Posted on Tuesday, November 08, 2011 at 05:26 AM
- Irish Eurovision star Ryan Dolan’s song enters charts in 17 countries, including Australia - VIDEO
- Surfing descendents of the King of the Blasket Islands to unite in new documentary - VIDEO
- Farmers stage 24-hour prayer vigil for fine weather on Kerry-Cork border - VIDEO
- Ellen DeGeneres mocks Abercrombie & Fitch’s sizing and customer policies – VIDEO
- Students use tilt-shift photography to create toy town video of Dublin city
|Logo of Kilkenomics|
The festival’s main goal was to provide, in layman’s terms, a discussion of what is happening with Ireland’s economy today. “It’s serious, but it’s fun too,” says its website.
During the events, several of those in attendance were asked the simple yet loaded question of “Where will Ireland be in 2 years?”
The answers, not surprisingly, ranged from sarcastic, to hopeful, to dim.
More business new from IrishCentral
Starlings take flight over River Shannon in Ireland - VIDEO
Irishman's beautiful diary of his year in New York city - VIDEO
Catch the responses in the video below:
Be the first to make a comment.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Government minister calls for investigation...
- Irishman John Downey arrested for 1982 IRA...
- Young Irish woman turned in to U.S. authorities
- Amnesty International says Ireland’s abortion...
- New book ‘John F. Kennedy - Among the Germans’.
- Irish finance minister says US Senate are...
- Nigerian migrants send $653 million a year...
- One in seven people on social welfare in...
- Top bishops clash over excommunication of...
- Calls for Irish Justice Minister to resign...