Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Where will Ireland be in two years? Kilkenomics festival sheds light on the issues
Posted on Tuesday, November 08, 2011 at 05:26 AM
- New Irish stamp features Irish teen’s short story about Dublin
- The world’s smallest cinema fits into an old phone box in Malin, Donegal - VIDEO
- ‘Star Trek into Darkness’ stars Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto attempt to speak Irish - VIDEO
- Video of three-year-old Colombian boy 'celebrating' Mass becomes online hit
- Camera attached to spire records dazzling finale of One World Trade Center – VIDEO
|Logo of Kilkenomics|
The festival’s main goal was to provide, in layman’s terms, a discussion of what is happening with Ireland’s economy today. “It’s serious, but it’s fun too,” says its website.
During the events, several of those in attendance were asked the simple yet loaded question of “Where will Ireland be in 2 years?”
The answers, not surprisingly, ranged from sarcastic, to hopeful, to dim.
More business new from IrishCentral
Starlings take flight over River Shannon in Ireland - VIDEO
Irishman's beautiful diary of his year in New York city - VIDEO
Catch the responses in the video below:
Be the first to make a comment.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Planned Parenthood support for Irish leader...
- Gay porn priest is appointed to new parish...
- Horse disemboweled and sliced open in horrific.
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- Ten best Irish lies — fabulous fibs that...
- Delphi Lodge takes responsibility for turning...
- British emigrant group calls on government...
- Senator Schumer says Irish deserve a separate...
- Irish politician refuses to back down on...
- Aussie outlaw Ned Kelly is the center of...