Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
USA Rugby advert representing Ireland as a Leprechaun receives a cold and confused reception online - VIDEO
Posted on Friday, May 03, 2013 at 06:16 AM
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
|Ireland a Latino Leprechaun and Todd Clever the representative for USA Rugby|
To promote the Eagle's game against the Irish rugby team in Texas, this June, USA Rugby went full leprechaun including pots of gold, diddly-iddle dee music but thankfully there was no leprechaun tossing.
The add stars Todd Clever representing the USA team and Ireland is portrayed by a Latino Leprechaun. Brian O'Driscoll was unavailable, perhaps? Or maybe Paul O'Connell wouldn't fit in the outfit?
Joe.ie reports that the video has been doing the rounds online since March but was recently highlighted on Reddit.
As David Kinch put it, so perfectly on Broadsheet.ie what a "brilliantly awful (and slightly racist) promo video". Amen!
Here's the video:
See more: Video , Irish sports blog , Irish Sports , Irish in Rugby
Be the first to make a comment.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Obama relative gets personal special deal...
- Smithwick inquiry finds Irish police may...
- Amazing story of how Choctaw Indians raised...
- Why Ireland needs to give its emigrants a...
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis'...
- Sarah Jessica Parker opens her heart to grievin
- 'Danny Boy' turns 100 and the experts explain...
- Most Americans are in favor of immigration...
- Pope Francis calls capitalism “new tyranny”...