Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Unemployment in Ireland is at 13.4 percent
Posted on Friday, January 07, 2011 at 01:34 AM
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
The Central Statistics Office said that the figures were comprised by 4,800 men and 400 women and means the total number of people on the Live Register now stands at 444,000.
They added that “standardized unemployment rate in December was 13.4%, up from13.2% in November”.
All regions in Ireland recorded an increase in register figures for December, the largest being in the south-east, with almost 4 percent. The lowest increase was reported in Dublin with 1.6 percent.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- Ireland crowned “Top Tourist Destination”...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- How the Irish celebrate Christmas has changed...