Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Unemployment in Ireland is at 13.4 percent
Posted on Friday, January 07, 2011 at 01:34 AM
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
The Central Statistics Office said that the figures were comprised by 4,800 men and 400 women and means the total number of people on the Live Register now stands at 444,000.
They added that “standardized unemployment rate in December was 13.4%, up from13.2% in November”.
All regions in Ireland recorded an increase in register figures for December, the largest being in the south-east, with almost 4 percent. The lowest increase was reported in Dublin with 1.6 percent.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...