Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Two serving of broccoli a day keeps cancer away
Posted on Monday, January 31, 2011 at 12:46 PM
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
Research conducted by the University of Illinois shows that eating two servings of broccoli a day can reduce the risk of lung, stomach and colon cancer by up to 50 percent.
Broccoli contains a sulphur compound called sulforaphane which combats cancerous cells.
When broccoli and sprouts are mixed they become a winning combination for preventing prostate cancer also.
But experts warn that you must not overcook the super food as this destroys its anti-cancerous properties.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...