Trinity Space Week shows just how small Ireland is compared to the planet Mars
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
|Ireland V Mars...absolutely tiny|
Irish Science News
, Irish News
The Geography Division, at Trinity College tweeted this amazing image to promoted Space Week, an international celebration of science and technology, in Dublin.
They tweeted “If Ireland were on #Mars it would be in the Northern Lowland Plains”. The image shows Ireland as a tiny dot on the face of the red planet.
Space week is an annual event and you can read all about it at www.spaceweek.ie.
The theme for World Space Week 2013 is “Exploring Mars, Discovering Earth”. Trinity College is actively engaged in research that is helping us to learn more about Mars and, in turn, provide us with a new perspective on our own planet.
The week, starting Oct 4, includes free talks, tours, interactive exhibits and workshops. The scientists and researchers in Trinity College will invite the public to help them answer the questions that are being posed by our exploration of Mars.
Be the first to make a comment.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Irish university suspends Legion of Mary...
- 4,000 Irish social welfare letters encourage...
- Notre Dame sues federal government again...
- Top ten worst ever Irish Christmas gifts,...
- Pope Francis calls capitalism “new tyranny”...
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis'...
- Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for...
- Address by Nelson Mandela to Joint Houses...
- Nelson Mandela showed us all what could be...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra