Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Too much time on your hands - Irish woman completes largest jigsaw in the world- VIDEO
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2012 at 07:13 AM
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
|Keith Haring jigsaw|
Ann Doyle from Tullow, Co. Carlow was not fazed by the 32,256 piece jigsaw.
“I sorted out all the edges and the colours first – that alone took two hours. Then, I starting making it in rows; there are 288 pieces in each row,” the mother told the Carlow Nationalist.
“It took 100 hours to complete it,” Ann revealed.
The 17-foot long puzzle is now framed and on permanent display in The Dome in Graiuguecullen, Carlow. The puzzle is based on the art of Keith Haring.
“I just love doing them,” Doyle added.
See a video of the world’s largest jigsaw puzzle below which was also completed in Hong Kong:
Be the first to make a comment.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Irish students told “No Irish Need Apply”...
- Bill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Top ten negative terms used to describe Irish...
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
- Dubliner found guilty of vicious Temple Bar...
- Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for...
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis'...
- Are the Celts one of the ten lost tribes...