Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Tiny kitten saved from death on Irish highway - VIDEO
Posted on Thursday, July 21, 2011 at 11:38 AM
- New Irish stamp features Irish teen’s short story about Dublin
- The world’s smallest cinema fits into an old phone box in Malin, Donegal - VIDEO
- ‘Star Trek into Darkness’ stars Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto attempt to speak Irish - VIDEO
- Video of three-year-old Colombian boy 'celebrating' Mass becomes online hit
- Camera attached to spire records dazzling finale of One World Trade Center – VIDEO
A rescue mission made its way to the south-bound lane opposite the exit for Dundrum at junction 13, moments after the kitten was spotted. The speed of the cars made the task of rescuing the four-month-old kitten almost impossible.
The Dublin SPCA sent off Lisa Kemp, an ambulance driver, to the site and she realized in just how much danger the petrified kitten was in.
“He was absolutely terrified. I couldn't get to him. The traffic was going too fast, I kept fearing he would run and be hit,” she said.
"I ran with the cat basket and just grabbed him and ran back," she said.
The kitten was taken to the SPCA center in Rathfarnham, and the staff has named it “Freeway.”
Amazing animals: An orangutan at Dublin Zoo saves a duckling from drowning - VIDEO
Macnas brings spectacular energy to the streets of Galway with 'Fierce Beauty' parade - VIDEO
Irish traveller denies animal cruelty -claims his horse acts as a guide dog - VIDEO
Be the first to make a comment.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Planned Parenthood support for Irish leader...
- Gay porn priest is appointed to new parish...
- Horse disemboweled and sliced open in horrific.
- Delphi Lodge takes responsibility for turning...
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- Senator Schumer says Irish deserve a separate...
- British emigrant group calls on government...
- Irish politician refuses to back down on...
- Ten best Irish lies — fabulous fibs that...
- Bill O'Reilly claims the Obama administration...