Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Time-lapse video shows nine years of construction work on new World Trade Center
Posted on Friday, September 13, 2013 at 06:08 AM
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
|The World Trade Center.|
The video was produced by EarthCam using hundreds of thousands of hi-def cameras positioned overlooking the construction site in Lower Manhattan.
Now almost complete, the video tracks the construction of the 104-storey, 1,776 feet high, is the tallest building in the western hemisphere.
The time-lapse shows the cleared area of Ground Zero and follows the construction until it culminates in the installation of the huge 408-foot, 758-ton silver spire that now tops out the skyscraper.
Here's the stunning time-lapse video:
See more: Video , Irish News , Irish in New York
Most Popular Blog Posts
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- Ireland crowned “Top Tourist Destination”...
- How the Irish celebrate Christmas has changed...
- Dublin cops foil hit on drug kingpin John...