Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Thurles enters 'The Guinness Book of Records' for the largest Halloween party
Posted on Monday, November 08, 2010 at 08:38 AM
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
The aim of the ten-day festival was to create a positive atmosphere throughout the town and to get people out and enjoying themselves.
Thurles broke the previous World Record, set in California, by gathering at least 509 people together, dressed in the scariest outfits for the festival finale. When the record was set the achievement was marked with a firework display by Europe's biggest fireworks company Rocket Pyrotechnics.
Organiser Chairman Cllr Jim Ryan said "We've had over 300 performers and over 100 acts, coming in from Australia and America. He said the festival was a "resounding success".
Most Popular Blog Posts
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- Ireland crowned “Top Tourist Destination”...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Dublin cops foil hit on drug kingpin John...