Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
The world’s smallest cinema fits into an old phone box in Malin, Donegal - VIDEO
Posted on Friday, May 17, 2013 at 05:54 AM
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
|The world's smallest movie theater ...and old phone box in Malin|
(Photo: Donegal Democrat)
The children at a local school were given a preview of the unique cinema-for-one, the world’s smallest movie theater, in an old phone box in Malin.
The converted phone box was set up ahead of the Guth Gafa International Documentary Film Festival, in Donegal, Ireland’s most northerly movie fest.
During the festival the old Eircom phone box will play the award-winning Irish documentary ‘Bye Bye Now’, which fittingly tells the tale of the rise and fall of the Irish phone box. One by one audience members will be able to enter the phone box and watch the 15 minute movie by Aideen O’Sullivan and Ross Whitaker.
The festival includes 30 award winning movies from 15 countries played on six screens in the town, including this phone box.
Here’s the full short movie “Bye Bye Now”:
See more: Irish Entertainment Video , Irish Entertainment , Irish Entertainment Blog , Offbeat Irish , Video
Be the first to make a comment.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- Ireland crowned “Top Tourist Destination”...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Dublin cops foil hit on drug kingpin John...