Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
TG4 launch a free Irish language iphone app - an bhfuil cupla focail agat?
Posted on Friday, November 04, 2011 at 01:53 PM
- New Irish stamp features Irish teen’s short story about Dublin
- The world’s smallest cinema fits into an old phone box in Malin, Donegal - VIDEO
- ‘Star Trek into Darkness’ stars Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto attempt to speak Irish - VIDEO
- Video of three-year-old Colombian boy 'celebrating' Mass becomes online hit
- Camera attached to spire records dazzling finale of One World Trade Center – VIDEO
|Screen grab from Cúla4 app|
Aimed at school children, TG4 launched the Cúla4 app, which provides explanations for more than 100 Irish language words. The app also provides spelling tips and a guide on pronunciation.
It is currently available to download by searching for Cúla4 in iTunes. It is free and compatible with all iPhone and iPad devices. The Android version will be available soon, said TG4.
Gaelic Girl Tessa: How to look like an American in Ireland
Read more news from Ireland
Reckless Tipperary driver prison bound after posting antics on YouTube – VIDEO
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Enda Kenny, not the Catholic Church, speaks...
- $104 million Brian Boru biopic set to be...
- Irish ‘Mick’ fighter pilot was one of the...
- Nigerian migrants send $653 million a year...
- One in seven people on social welfare in...
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- Gay porn priest is appointed to new parish...
- The top 100 Irish last names explained
- Award winning Irish documentary ‘Men at Lunch’.
- Planned Parenthood support for Irish leader...