Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
TG4 launch a free Irish language iphone app - an bhfuil cupla focail agat?
Posted on Friday, November 04, 2011 at 01:53 PM
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
|Screen grab from Cúla4 app|
Aimed at school children, TG4 launched the Cúla4 app, which provides explanations for more than 100 Irish language words. The app also provides spelling tips and a guide on pronunciation.
It is currently available to download by searching for Cúla4 in iTunes. It is free and compatible with all iPhone and iPad devices. The Android version will be available soon, said TG4.
Gaelic Girl Tessa: How to look like an American in Ireland
Read more news from Ireland
Reckless Tipperary driver prison bound after posting antics on YouTube – VIDEO
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Irish students told “No Irish Need Apply”...
- Bill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
- Dubliner found guilty of vicious Temple Bar...
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis'...
- Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for...
- Top ten negative terms used to describe Irish...
- Are the Celts one of the ten lost tribes...