Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
TG4 launch a free Irish language iphone app - an bhfuil cupla focail agat?
Posted on Friday, November 04, 2011 at 01:53 PM
- Farmers stage 24-hour prayer vigil for fine weather on Kerry-Cork border - VIDEO
- Ellen DeGeneres mocks Abercrombie & Fitch’s sizing and customer policies – VIDEO
- Students use tilt-shift photography to create toy town video of Dublin city
- New Irish stamp features Irish teen’s short story about Dublin
- The world’s smallest cinema fits into an old phone box in Malin, Donegal - VIDEO
|Screen grab from Cúla4 app|
Aimed at school children, TG4 launched the Cúla4 app, which provides explanations for more than 100 Irish language words. The app also provides spelling tips and a guide on pronunciation.
It is currently available to download by searching for Cúla4 in iTunes. It is free and compatible with all iPhone and iPad devices. The Android version will be available soon, said TG4.
Gaelic Girl Tessa: How to look like an American in Ireland
Read more news from Ireland
Reckless Tipperary driver prison bound after posting antics on YouTube – VIDEO
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Did Pope Francis perform an exorcism at the...
- 87-year-old sues Donald Trump over condo...
- Violent attacks on gays in New York up 70...
- Nigerian migrants send $653 million a year...
- Immigration reform bill passes a huge hurdle...
- Irish leader delivers powerful commencement...
- One in seven people on social welfare in...
- Computer giant Apple avoiding $25 billion...
- Sordid tale of Jimmy Savile to become a musical
- 'I expect terror attacks during G8 summit'...