Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Tarantula discovered in Carlow store
Posted on Tuesday, November 09, 2010 at 01:03 AM
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
The discovery was made by two local children who were rummaging around the Chic and Cheerful shop, but luckily for them the spider was dead!
The exotic hairy spider is believed to have originated in Peru. The pair discovered the tarantula which was encased in a glass box when they sifting through donations for the shop.
“We think he might be an endangered species,” said the proprietor of the shop
“[we] think he might be from the goliath tarantula family, so we have decided to send him to the Natural History Museum for tests.”
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...