Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Smiling Hillary Clinton returns to work - presented with football helmet by her staff
Posted on Tuesday, January 08, 2013 at 09:01 AM
- Ellen DeGeneres mocks Abercrombie & Fitch’s sizing and customer policies – VIDEO
- Students use tilt-shift photography to create toy town video of Dublin city
- New Irish stamp features Irish teen’s short story about Dublin
- The world’s smallest cinema fits into an old phone box in Malin, Donegal - VIDEO
- ‘Star Trek into Darkness’ stars Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto attempt to speak Irish - VIDEO
|Hillary Clinton gets a little protections from her staff|
United States Secret of State returned to work on Monday after almost a month of health problems. The State Department released some cheery photos of Clinton being presented with a football helmet by her staff, before chairing a weekly meeting of assistant secretaries.
Clinton was recently released from a New York City hospital where she was treated for a blood clot, in a vein between her brain and skull. The clot was brought on by a concussion she obtained in December when she collapsed at home due to dehydration.
The 65-year-old, soon to be retired secretary, was presented with the football helment, for extra protection, and a football jersey with the number 112, representing each of the countries she has has visited while working in this position.
Read more: Hillary Clinton to make full recovery after blood clot found near brain
Be the first to make a comment.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Enda Kenny, not the Catholic Church, speaks...
- $104 million Brian Boru biopic set to be...
- Irish ‘Mick’ fighter pilot was one of the...
- Nigerian migrants send $653 million a year...
- One in seven people on social welfare in...
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- The top 100 Irish last names explained
- Award winning Irish documentary ‘Men at Lunch’.
- Irish people in UK 'less likely to identify...
- Gay porn priest is appointed to new parish...