Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Six-year-old Irish girl named Google’s top doodler
Posted on Tuesday, March 08, 2011 at 07:53 AM
- New Irish stamp features Irish teen’s short story about Dublin
- The world’s smallest cinema fits into an old phone box in Malin, Donegal - VIDEO
- ‘Star Trek into Darkness’ stars Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto attempt to speak Irish - VIDEO
- Video of three-year-old Colombian boy 'celebrating' Mass becomes online hit
- Camera attached to spire records dazzling finale of One World Trade Center – VIDEO
Layla Karpuz was selected as the overall winner by Mike Dutton, web designer and senior doodler with Google.
The junior infants student won the top prize with her entry “Love Google”. Her doodle will now appear on Google’s homepage on Wednesday. Layla's school will receive a €10,000 technology grant, while her and her teacher will be rewarded with a personal laptop each.
Talking about her design Layla said: “My picture is about the things that make me feel happy. In my picture you can see love hearts, curls, shamrocks, people with fancy hats, people going on a bear hunt, grass men (men disguised as grass), plants, shamrock plants for Ireland, Grannies and a caterpillar because I like searching for caterpillars. I used different colors in my picture because it looks nice. I like my picture!”
Be the first to make a comment.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Horse disemboweled and sliced open in horrific.
- Senator Schumer says Irish deserve a separate...
- Irish footballer under investigation after...
- Irish politician refuses to back down on...
- British emigrant group calls on government...
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- Bill O'Reilly claims the Obama administration...
- Delphi Lodge takes responsibility for turning...
- Sex addiction on the rise says Dublin Clinic...
- 'You attack one Muslim, you attack all Muslims'