Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Seven out of every 1,000 in Ireland use heroin
Posted on Friday, November 12, 2010 at 01:15 AM
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
Ireland's heroin problem is worse than in any other EU country and it also has the longest waiting list for treatment for those addicted to the drug, new research shows.
The 2010 annual report for the European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction also revealed that the number of heroin users in Ireland is more than twice as high in comparison to other countries.
Waiting lists for heroin addicts in Dublin at up to two years, are the highest in Europe.
The research found that ecstacy use is low in comparison to the rest of Europe and it ranked Ireland fifth for cocaine consumption
Most Popular Blog Posts
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- Ireland crowned “Top Tourist Destination”...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- How the Irish celebrate Christmas has changed...