Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Rosetta Stone offers free Irish language course online
Posted on Friday, March 11, 2011 at 10:01 AM
- Australian court hears supermarket's 'freshly made bread' imported from Ireland
- Kickstarter project launched for Irish dance video game featuring Fusion Fighters - VIDEO
- Dubliners jump off restaurant rooftop into the River Liffey - VIDEO
- Stamps celebrating 50th anniversary of John F Kennedy's visit to Ireland revealed - PHOTOS
- 3 kittens, 3 ducklings and a mother cat called Della - more video of the adorable animals from Offaly
Rosetta Stone, the world renowned language teaching group, are celebrating St. Patrick's Day by offering a free online trial of their Irish language-learning program.
Irish, considered a dying language, is only spoken by 55,000 people.
The company plans to launch a Facebook application that will allow users to send Irish greetings to their friends also.
Duane Sider, director of learning at Rosetta Stone, said “We would like everyone to go beyond just wearing their favorite green shirt on St. Patrick’s Day and thought it would be fun for anyone to learn a few Irish words through our free trial and be able to send a message in Irish to their friends through the Facebook app."
For more information on their program click here.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Michelle Obama and daughters trace their...
- President Obama’s visit to North comes at...
- Body of Irish immigrant tossed in medical...
- Former church spokesman criticised for using...
- Sinn Fein deputy leader speaks out against...
- Daily Mail unloads on 'drunken young' Paddys...
- Irish kids receive almost $700 in Holy Communio
- North’s Minister for Finance accuses Republic...
- Shock as Irish priest praises Prime Minister’s.
- President Obama urges all of Northern Ireland...