Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Rosetta Stone offers free Irish language course online
Posted on Friday, March 11, 2011 at 10:01 AM
- New Irish stamp features Irish teen’s short story about Dublin
- The world’s smallest cinema fits into an old phone box in Malin, Donegal - VIDEO
- ‘Star Trek into Darkness’ stars Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto attempt to speak Irish - VIDEO
- Video of three-year-old Colombian boy 'celebrating' Mass becomes online hit
- Camera attached to spire records dazzling finale of One World Trade Center – VIDEO
Rosetta Stone, the world renowned language teaching group, are celebrating St. Patrick's Day by offering a free online trial of their Irish language-learning program.
Irish, considered a dying language, is only spoken by 55,000 people.
The company plans to launch a Facebook application that will allow users to send Irish greetings to their friends also.
Duane Sider, director of learning at Rosetta Stone, said “We would like everyone to go beyond just wearing their favorite green shirt on St. Patrick’s Day and thought it would be fun for anyone to learn a few Irish words through our free trial and be able to send a message in Irish to their friends through the Facebook app."
For more information on their program click here.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Enda Kenny, not the Catholic Church, speaks...
- $104 million Brian Boru biopic set to be...
- Irish ‘Mick’ fighter pilot was one of the...
- Nigerian migrants send $653 million a year...
- One in seven people on social welfare in...
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- Gay porn priest is appointed to new parish...
- The top 100 Irish last names explained
- Award winning Irish documentary ‘Men at Lunch’.
- Planned Parenthood support for Irish leader...