Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Rare vintage Irish-made American sports car, The Shamrock, goes on display in Dublin - PHOTO
Posted on Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 10:51 AM
- The world’s smallest cinema fits into an old phone box in Malin, Donegal - VIDEO
- ‘Star Trek into Darkness’ stars Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto attempt to speak Irish - VIDEO
- Video of three-year-old Colombian boy 'celebrating' Mass becomes online hit
- Camera attached to spire records dazzling finale of One World Trade Center – VIDEO
- Galway teacher thrilled to receive thank you letter from President Obama for sketch drawing
|The Shamrock - an Irish made American car|
At next month’s RIAC National Classic Car Show at the RDS in Dublin, a running 17-foot Shamrock car will be on display. Only a handful of the now vintage cars were ever made.
Event manager Bob Montgomery said, "Originally it was planned to produce about 10,000 cars a year from their Irish manufacturing plant. Unfortunately, the project never got that far.”
The Shamrock car was originally designed for the American market by visiting American industrialist William Curtis who wanted to start a car manufacturing business in Ireland.
The Irish-made cars were only manufactured for a short time at a factory in Castleblaney in Co Monaghan. Before the project was shut down in the early 1960s for financial difficulties, the car model was lauded for its beauty, styling and elegance.
Be the first to make a comment.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Horse disemboweled and sliced open in horrific.
- Senator Schumer says Irish deserve a separate...
- Irish politician refuses to back down on...
- Irish footballer under investigation after...
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- Bill O'Reilly claims the Obama administration...
- Delphi Lodge takes responsibility for turning...
- Sex addiction on the rise says Dublin Clinic...
- Gerry Adams accuses British government of...
- Enda Kenny rejects Dublin Archbishop's claims...