Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Plucky pensioner escapes thieves by jumping wall
Posted on Tuesday, November 30, 2010 at 12:19 AM
- The world’s smallest cinema fits into an old phone box in Malin, Donegal - VIDEO
- ‘Star Trek into Darkness’ stars Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto attempt to speak Irish - VIDEO
- Video of three-year-old Colombian boy 'celebrating' Mass becomes online hit
- Camera attached to spire records dazzling finale of One World Trade Center – VIDEO
- Galway teacher thrilled to receive thank you letter from President Obama for sketch drawing
The Co.Carlow man was confronted by three masked men demanding cash in his home earlier this month.
While the thieves managed to take cash from his wallet, the elderly man refused to give the thieves the pin number for his ATM card or the keys to his son's car, which was parked outside.
He then managed to escape to a neighbor's house by running out his back door and climbing over a wall, while the thieves searched the upstairs of his home.
The man, who was alone in the house at the time, didn't suffer any injuries but was very shocked after the incident.
“Dad remained calm and very collected as they were shouting at him looking for money. They didn’t hurt him, but it makes you think how vulnerable elderly people are, especially those living alone,” his daughter told The Carlow Nationalist.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Bill O'Reilly claims the Obama administration...
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- Enda Kenny rejects Dublin Archbishop's claims...
- Census shows more Catholics than Protestants...
- New reports suggest Robert F Kennedy’s wife...
- 'You attack one Muslim, you attack all Muslims'
- Young people worst affected by Ireland’s...
- Prospects for immigration reform bill are...
- Disgraced Cardinal Keith O’Brien leaves Scotlan
- Ten castles to rent in Ireland for a vacation...