Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Photographer captures Ireland’s timeless beauty – SEE PHOTOS
Posted on Tuesday, February 01, 2011 at 09:59 AM
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
Enda Cavanagh, over the years, has won numerous awards for his images of Ireland but his photographs have now been gathered in a new book called “Exploring the Irish Landscape”.
Speaking to the Irish Independent he said “I wanted to produce a book that showed a side of Ireland that you don't see in most Irish landscape photography books…Many of them often contain just factual photos of places rather than something which really captures the heart and soul of our country.”
Most of the images are taken during winter. In the book, the 70 featured images range from a ruined old car submerged beneath Lough Easkey, County Sligo to “Man and Dog at Forty Foot” (see above) in Sandycove, Dublin.
Visit www.endacavanagh.com for more details.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Bill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an...